Important Information for the 2023-2024 School Year
Important Dates for Fall 2023
Friday, August 11th – Freshman Academy
- School/Yearbook Photos will be taken at Freshman Academy
- All incoming Freshmen bring your fully charged laptop to Freshman Academy.
- Students must be in BK Dress Code for Freshman Academy
- Freshman Parents, please plan to attend Mass and Parent Orientation from 8:00-10:00 AM
- Please arrive no later than 8:15 AM. Students will report to the cafeteria, Parents will report to the Carley Athletic Center (Behind the main school building.) We will begin promptly at 8:30 AM.
Monday, August 14th – New Student Academy for ALL NEW BK Students in the 10th – 12th grades, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- All new students, bring your fully charged laptop to New Student Academy.
- Students must be in BK Dress Code for New Student Academy
Thursday, August 17th – Orientation Day/1st Day for School
- The schedule for Orientation Day is still being finalized. Read your Just In Time emails this summer, and check this dashboard often to stay informed!
- School/Yearbook Photos will be taken on Orientation Day for all returning BK students, new students in Grades 10-12, and any students who were unable to attend Freshman Academy.
Friday, August 18th – First Day of Classes (Straight 7)
Back to School Info
Bishop Kelly’s dress code is intended to encourage modesty, cleanliness, neatness, and pride in one’s appearance and school community. It is our belief that students should respect each other for who they are, not for what they wear.
Mass Dress Code
Days of All School Liturgies and other special occasions are designated dress-up days. These are school days where a more formal appearance is expected of students out of respect for the special purpose of the day. Sweatshirts are not to be worn. All students must stay in Mass Dress for the entire school day.
- Oxford (button down), collared shirt (long or short sleeved) with the BK Crest; shirts must be tucked in.
- Dress Slacks or Khaki/Dockers-style pants (No denim) black or khaki colored only.
- Black or gray sweater vest, cardigan, or blazer with the BK Crest may be worn over the oxford
- A white oxford (button down) collared shirt (long or short sleeved) with the BK Crest. Shirts must be tucked in.
- Dress Slacks or Khaki pants (No denim.) black or khaki colored only, OR
- Maxi /Midi (past the knee) skirt, black or khaki colored only.
- A black or gray sweater vest, cardigan, or blazer with a BK Crest may be worn over the oxford
Mass Dress items may be ordered from Educational Outfitters by using this Bishop Kelly specific link:
IMPORTANT: Please order Mass Dress early to ensure arrival prior to the first All School Mass in September
Bishop Kelly offers bus transportation to students who live in the Eagle, Nampa, and Meridian areas of the Treasure Valley.
CLICK HERE for more information about BK’s bus routes and pickup/drop off times.
Please note: Times and routes are subject to change. Please check back prior to the first day of school in August.
Dear BK families:
If your student has experienced any changes to his/her health over the last year or will be taking any medications at school during the upcoming year, please provide an update to his/her health history. Please fill out and submit these forms to email@example.com.
In order for Bishop Kelly to provide a safe learning environment for all students, please review the Mandatory Medication Guidelines. Students are not permitted to carry any medications with them on campus.
Have a healthy and safe summer!
Christina Klaas BSN, RN
Saint Alphonsus School Health Program Coordinator
- Having a locker at Bishop Kelly High School is a privilege, and we expect you to take care of it.
- Please keep your locker LOCKED at all times. Students are responsible for everything in, or on, their locker and will be held accountable.
- At the end of each semester, lockers are to be emptied, cleaned , and wiped down.
- PLEASE DO NOT leave food in the lockers over school breaks!
- Cleaning products will be provided during locker clean out times throughout the year.
- No garbage, food, posters, personal belongings, stickers, or graffiti should be left in or on your locker at the end of the school year.
- If there is an issue with a locker (vandalism, damage, etc.), please let the Attendance Office know immediately so it can be taken care of appropriately.
- At the end of the school year, students will be charged:
- $25 for not cleaning out their locker completely (items in or on locker / dirty locker)
- $15 for a missing lock
Order your student’s yearbook before October 7th for the best price – $68.00. Prices increase throughout the school year, so order now and check it off of your to-do list.
Order Online at JostensYearbooks.com or call 1(877) 767-5217.
- All New Freshmen will have their school photos taken at Freshman Academy on August 11th. Any Freshmen who are unable to attend Freshman Academy will have their photos taken on Orientation Day, August 17th.
- All returning students, and new students in grades 10-12 will have their school photos taken on Orientation Day, August 17th.
- Timeless Photo is taking our school photos this year. Each student will be sent home with a flier containing information about how to order their photos online. If you do not receive the flier, you can look your student up on the Timeless Photo website using the last 4 numbers of their student ID. For more information, check out this poster from Timeless Photo.
Bishop Kelly is moving to a new system for student lunch accounts. We are in the process of getting everything set up, and will send a Just In Time email about how to access and use our new system as we get closer to the start of the school year.
Your student will have seven classes each semester, and each class may have specific expectations for supplies needed. Other than a laptop computer and basic supplies, such as three ring binders, loose leaf paper, pens, and pencils, it is suggested that you wait until after your child receives the course syllabus during the first week of school to purchase more specific school supplies. For information on laptop specifications and recommendations, please review our 1:1 Technology Requirements.
Academic Information for Fall 2023
Bishop Kelly High School is a 1:1 technology school, meaning each student at Bishop Kelly has their own personal electronic device. There are many options to choose from, however, there are certain minimum requirements that will allow enrollment in all classes and the best possible education experience. Please read this list of technology requirements before your purchase a device for your student.
Financial assistance is available to assist families who need help purchasing a device for their student. Please fill out this Electronic Device Assistance Application and return it to the Bishop Kelly Business Office.
Bishop Kelly uses a web based classroom management system that parents and students can access to check schedules and grades called Infinite Campus.
RETURNING STUDENTS – you can sign in to Infinite Campus here, with your BK Google Account. Schedules will be posted the week of August 7th.
NEW STUDENTS – you will receive access to Infinite Campus at New Student Academy in August.
PARENTS – New BK Parents will receive an access letter to Infinite Campus in August.
If you are new to BK or have a new computer, please follow along with one of the videos below. For freshmen and new students in other grade levels, this will ensure that devices are ready for New Student Academy. For returning students with new computers, these steps will need to be completed before you can use your laptop on the first day of school.
Parents, please do these steps at home, especially if you will be placing restrictions on your student’s computer to prevent them from installing software.
Bishop Kelly Activities
Getting involved at BK is one of the best ways to make sure that you have a positive and memorable high school experience. A complete list of BK Clubs, Teams, and Co-Curricular activities along with contact information for Moderators/Coaches/Instructors can be found here.
Tryouts for the 2023 – 2024 Cheer Team were held in the Spring and our team practices all summer.
Summer base training will run from 8:00 – 10:00am, Monday through Thursday, beginning Monday, June 19th at various locations in Boise. The schedule for practice sites will be posted on the Cross Country Team page at www.bkathletics.org, and Coach Stauffer will send them via email to parents, as well. The official first day of practice is Monday August 7th at 9am on the BK track. The first home meet will be the Jimmy Driscoll Meet on Saturday, August 26th, 2021 . Cross Country Camp at Pilgrim Cove in McCall will be on August 18th – 20th . The team will leave at 10am on Friday August 18th . If you have any questions, please contact Coach Stauffer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Training begins May 30th. Football practice begins on Monday, August 7th. The season schedule is posted on the Varsity Football Team page at
The season schedule is posted on the Football page at bkathletics.org
BOYS AND GIRLS GOLF
- 18 Hole tryout for all boys, Varsity and one JV Squad with 12 spots available.
- 18 Hole tryout for all girls trying out for Varsity and JV Squad.
- Girls trying out for the JV squad 2 (developing squad) will play 9 holes. ** The JV Squad 2 is for girls who have not played a lot of competitive golf and focuses on improving skill set with fewer matches whereas the JV and Varsity teams will play competitively each week and challenge for spots to play. Potential of up to 15 total spots available.
- 18/9 Hole tryout for all girls same as Monday;
- 18 hole tryout for all boys
- Groupings will be made by scores after day 1.
- 9 Hole tryout for all by previous scores from Day 1 and 2.
- Girls will practice from 10-12pm at Lakeview.
- Boys will practice from 4:30-6:30pm at Lakeview.
Please visit the Bishop Kelly Boys Golf Page and the Bishop Kelly Girls Golf Page for more information about tryout days, and to sign up for tryouts.
The BK Mountain Bike Team practices started in June with two practices per week. To join or for more information about the BK Mountain Bike team, contact Head Coach Shannon Boroff at email@example.com
Summer training will start on July 6th and will run every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00-10:30 am. This will be an open play format mixed with some technical and fitness aspects. Attendance is encouraged but not mandatory. Players unable to attend should invest personal time running and training in preparation for tryouts.
July 12th and July 19th will be scrimmages with Timberline HS. These two scrimmages are at Timberline from 8:00 – 10:00 am. Tryouts will start Monday, August 7th from 9:00 – 10:30 am and 12:30 – 2:00 pm.. The final rosters will be announced the afternoon of Wednesday, August 9th. Team practices begin Thursday, August 10th. For more information, please contact Coach Hill at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer training is scheduled to begin on June 20th, 7-8:30pm @ BK and run every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday leading up to tryouts. This will be an open-play format mixed with some technical and fitness aspects. Attendance is encouraged, but not mandatory. Players unable to attend should invest personal time running and training in preparation for tryouts. Contact Coach Eneko for programs. Additional fitness programs: BK Summer Conditioning Class will begin June 6th and runs through July. More info can be found online or through Coach Vreeland. Tryouts begin on Monday, August 7th, 8-9:30am and 3:45-5:15pm. The final rosters will be announced the evening of Wednesday, August 9th. Team practices begin Thursday, August 10th. For more information, please contact Coach Eneko at: email@example.com
Swimmers are encouraged to join a Club or Summer Rec Team in order to get in shape ahead of evaluations for our season, if you are not currently engaged in the sport. Tryouts will be held at the Idaho Central Aquatic Center beginning August 7th. Swimmers MUST attend tryouts to be considered for the swim team. We have a JV and Varsity team for both boys and girls. Swimmers must attend 10 school practices prior to our first meet on August 26th. Please visit our team’s website to sign up and for additional information regarding our team retreat and season calendars/expectations. Practices will be at the Idaho Central Aquatic Center from 5-6:30pm. For questions, please contact Ryan Stratton at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Polo sign up and registration forms will be available on our BK Athletics page later this fall. We are expecting the high school water program to be revamped with the addition of the Idaho Central Aquatic Center. As soon as additional information is available, it will be posted on the team’s website.
Mandatory tryouts will be August 7th & 8th. Double Day practices will start on August 9th and continue until school begins. Please leave these days open, as this is when volleyball season begins and athletes are expected to be at all practices. GO KNIGHTS!!!! For questions, please email Coach Joline Armuth at email@example.com.
Each Bishop Kelly Athlete must complete a Participation Permission Form each school year. Additionally, BK Athletes must have a Sports Physical each school year.
BISHOP KELLY HIGH SCHOOL SEASON TICKETS
All Sport Season Passes for all of the home Bishop Kelly Athletic Events will be available at all Fall sports games.
INDIVIDUAL PRICES FOR 2022-2023 ALL HOME EVENTS (BOYS AND GIRLS) ARE:
ADULTS- $ 6.00
STUDENTS FROM OTHER SCHOOLS WITH CARD $ 4.00
BK STUDENTS WITH ACTIVITY CARD FREE
STUDENTS WITHOUT ACTIVITY CARD $ 6.00
SENIOR CITIZENS $ 3.00
GRADE SCHOOL STUDENTS $ 3.00
SEASON PASSES PRICED PER FAMILY:
ALL SPORTS FAMILY PASS $300.00
FOOTBALL (VAR, JV, FROSH) $ 85.00
VOLLEYBALL $ 85.00
SOCCER (BOYS or GIRLS) $ 85.00
BASKETBALL (BOYS or GIRLS) $100.00
WRESTLING $ 70.00
The Annual Jimmy Driscoll Fun Run is taking place at Bishop Kelly on Saturday, August 26th. This is a fun way to encourage movement and exercise for your whole family AND it supports our Cross Country program at the same time.
Just for Seniors
If you would like to purchase a Senior Dedication Ad that goes in the yearbook, please see THIS FLIER from TheYearbookCompany.com. This is completely optional, but many seniors look forward to the nice personal notes from their family. The price goes up the longer you wait to order one. The final deadline is usually in January, and reminders will go out via BK Alive as it nears the deadline. However, you can order early!
Seniors may use their own outside photographer, or have their photo taken at Bishop Kelly on October 11th, 2023 from 8AM – 1PM.
Signups for Tux and Drape photos at BK on October 11th will go out to parents and students as that day gets closer.
If you plan to use your own photographer, please share this Senior Portrait Requirements page with your photographer.
Senior quotes need to be submitted by November 30th. Seniors will be submitting their quotes electronically through a Google Form, which will be sent to them in September. They will be reminded of this after school starts this fall.