The retreat focus this year is on the themes of community building, journey, involvement, friendship, temptations and relationship with God, all through the lens of the Catholic Faith. We will be leading students in fun games, meaningful talks, powerful prayer experiences and providing lunch for the students. The Senior Campus Ministry Class takes a leadership role at the retreats in order to provide a wonderful experience for their peers.
Class Retreats for 2019 – 2020
Within our Campus Ministry program, we are offering juniors the opportunity to experience a SEARCH 3 day retreat that will take place at the beautiful Trinity Pines Retreat Center in Cascade. This retreat is limited to the first 45 Juniors to register, so don’t wait! Registration Deadline is December 20th.
What is a SEARCH retreat? The SEARCH is a powerful retreat model that is used at many Catholic High Schools around the country. Its aim is to help juniors take a fresh look at their own faith life, while reflecting on their place within their families, school and community. The focus, above all, is to help young people encounter God and to experience His love in a very real and meaningful way.
- Cost: $95 to be added to your TADS account – there are scholarships available. See Mrs. Horn for more info.
- Transportation: Bus will leave BK at 3:30 PM on Thursday 12/9 and return to BK at 2:00 PM on Saturday 12/11
- Meals: Provided
- What to Bring: warm, comfortable clothes for the retreat as well as outer gear for sledding. Snow boots or boots with good treading are recommended. Jeans without holes are permitted. Participants will also need a sleeping bag, pillow, towel and toiletries, and a notebook or journal.
- Lodging: Students will be sleeping in dorm-like lodging. (Separate dorms for boys and girls.) Dorms have twin beds, and bathrooms with showers.
- Cell Phones: There is no cell reception at the camp. Students will be asked to either leave phones at home, or have them turned off for the entire retreat. We will give parents land line phone numbers in case of emergency.
Students will only miss one day of school – Friday, January 10th. This is an excused school absence. The retreat counts toward Junior’s 10 hours of Service Learning.