The retreat program helps build community, allows reflection on God’s presence in our lives, develops spiritual awareness, and integrates spirituality into everyday life.
Through activities, games, small groups, praise, prayer and reflection led by student campus ministers, retreats provide the students with time to examine their spirituality and to bond with their individual class. All students are encouraged to participate each year in their class retreat. Day Retreats serve as a way to know other members of their class, themselves and their relationship with God in a holistic atmosphere. They are designed around a theme relevant to the age and developmental level of the participating class.
Student Campus Ministers take leadership roles in planning and running these day retreats, creating an atmosphere of peer ministry. Retreats are held off-campus at local parishes or retreat centers.
“It’s not about getting to know other people like we do in our class retreats. It was about getting to know myself. We try so hard to gain other people’s acceptance, and we don’t even know if we accept ourselves. Today gave me new insight into who I am, and I feel a sense of peace and calm I’ve never had before” (copied with student permission).
Mass Schedule for 2017-18
An all-school mass is held monthly at 9:30 a.m. in the Carley Center. All are invited to attend.
- September 21 – Mass of the Holy Spirit
- October 19 – Grandparents’ Mass
- November 1 – All Saints
- December 8 – Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary
- January 30, 2018 – Catholic Schools Week Mass
- February 14, 2017 – Ash Wednesday
- March 15, 2018 – Lent
- April 12, 2018 – Easter Mass
- May 3, 2018 – Senior Mass
- May 25, 2018 – Baccalaureate Mass at St. Mark’s
- October 25, 2017 – Freshman Retreat @ NNU
- December 7, 2017 – Junior Retreat
- February 27, 2018 – Sophomore Retreat
- April 15-16, 2018 – Senior Retreat