Spring Semester Senior Dashboard
Bishop Kelly Class of 2023 Baccalaureate Mass – Thursday, May 25th at 7:00 PM at Saint Mark’s Catholic Church
Bishop Kelly Class of 2023 Commencement Ceremony – Friday, May 26 at 7:00 PM on Nick Ysursa Field, gates open at 6:00 PM.
Additional friends and family members who cannot attend graduation in person will be able to watch the ceremony LIVE on the BK YouTube Channel.
Important Information for Seniors
Tux and Drape Photos for the Yearbook
All seniors will be individually photographed at Bishop Kelly by Parker Portraits on October 12, 2022 from 8:00am-1:00pm. This is a day with no scheduled classes, so students will need to sign up on a THIS GOOGLE FORM by October 3rd. Time slots will be given to students in advance, and they will be determined by the order in which people are signed up. There is no cost to the families for these photos. The only cost will be if you choose to order prints. Parker Portraits will submit the picture directly to Bishop Kelly. If for some reason your student can’t attend this day, there will be an additional makeup day offered in November. More details to come on that date.
Parker Portraits will be taking tux/drape photos for the yearbook and class composite. Additionally, you can choose to have your student photographed in a graduation gown. You will just need to indicate on the same Google form if you would like this picture. The cost for a graduation gown photo is a $15 sitting fee. Please note that this additional gown picture option is only available during the October date. When Parker Portraits comes to the school for the makeup day in November, the gown picture won’t be available.
A few weeks after the sitting, you will receive information with a link to access the proofs. If you had a gown photo taken, you will also be able to view those, and can choose to order those photos at that time. The only additional cost is if you decide to order photos.
Senior Ads in the Yearbook
If you would like to purchase a Senior Dedication Ad that goes in the yearbook, please see THIS FLIER from TheYearbookCompany.com. This is completely optional, but many seniors look forward to the nice personal notes from their family. Order by October 20th to get early bird pricing. The price goes up the longer you wait to order one. The final deadline is January 19th, and reminders will go out via BK Alive as it nears the final deadline.
Senior quotes need to be submitted by November 30th. A link to submit digitally via a Google Form will be posted to Schoology. The students will be reminded of this once we get closer to the date.
Students are reminded that the quotes should be 50 words or less, and have no references to drugs, alcohol, sex, or profanity. The quote should represent what they value, believe in, or words that they live by. It is not a platform for political views, inside jokes, or references to other individuals. Senior quotes are a lasting impression of them, so choose wisely. If their quote is deemed inappropriate, it will be excluded.
Order a Yearbook
Order your student’s yearbook before October 7th for the best price – $68.00. Prices increase throughout the school year, so order now and check it off of your to-do list.
Order Online at JostensYearbooks.com or call 1(877) 767-5217.
Cap and Gown Ordering
The Cap and gown are part of senior fees and have already been paid. (You can check that off your list!) If a student earns a National Honor Society Cord, they may be charged an additional $10 fee from NHS. Seniors will be completing their cap and gown ordering through the Herff Jones website in October.
Herff Jones will be on campus to take orders on October 3 during lunch (11:25-12:00 p.m.). Students may choose to purchase announcement packages, class rings or other senior items if they wish to. These items can also be purchased online at HerffJones.com
- Create a non-BK email account (if you don’t already have one)
Things to do in March/April:
- Go to your College Board account and switch your email to a non-BK account
- Go to your ACT account and switch your email to a non-BK account
- Double check all college or university accounts – Colleges typically email letters to you through their organizational account. Make sure you follow all instructions that have been sent to you by the colleges for setting up these accounts. Please check these accounts regularly for information about admissions, financial aid, housing and more.
- Keep your accounts and passwords in a safe location and share with an adult
- Open your BK Drive – copy or share important papers, letters, and other information you would like to save. Share with your new email account.
- Take time to clean up your computer. Organize your files and save what needs to be saved
- Check your spam or junk folders for correspondence from colleges.
College and Career Information for Seniors
Ms. Klover, our College and Career Counselor, is available to help all students and parents. If you and/or your student would like help with the college application process, or you have specific questions, please contact her at email@example.com.
Senior Visits with our Counseling Team
Counselors have been busy meeting with each senior individually. All seniors should have met with their counselor by October 15.
On Wednesday, October 12, our BK counselors as well as counselors for our Idaho colleges and universities will be available in the Cafeteria from 9 – 11 A.M. to help seniors with their college applications, essays, and admissions-related questions. This is a great opportunity for students to work on their applications, so we hope to have a big turnout.
Students applying to Idaho colleges can use Apply Idaho, a single application for all 11 Idaho schools. This application is FREE to Idaho residents!
The best way to learn more about a school is to visit their campus. Bishop Kelly allows Juniors and Seniors up to three excused College Visit absences so they can check out a campus.
*Please confirm the college you are interested in allows for in-person visits.
Please take this College Visit Validation Form with you on your visit, and fill it out with your college representative.
NACAC virtual college fairs. You will have the opportunity to connect with more than 600 colleges and universities this fall.
PNACAC Fair will be November 12, 2022 at Boise State University. More information to follow as it becomes available.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application window opens October 1st, 2022 for current seniors planning on attending post secondary education opportunities in the fall of 2023. Some aid is based on a first come first served basis so we encourage you to complete the FAFSA early.
The head of household filing taxes as well as the student applying for Federal Student Aid both need an individual FSA ID prior to completing the FAFSA . For more information about the FAFSA refer to this guide How to apply for FAFSA and Federal Student Aid: Everything You Need to Know or contact Ms. Klover, our College and Career Counselor. Some schools also require the CSS Profile as a part of their financial aid application. This allows the colleges to look at other information that is not available on the FAFSA in an effort to obtain the best financial aid package for your student. Use this link to determine if the school you are applying to requires the CSS profile.
Our AP coordinator is Julie Klover. Students are automatically registered for their AP exams when they join their courses online through the College Board. Students have until October 14th to opt out of the exam without penalty. After that date, the College Board has reinstated a $40 change fee.
Baccalaureate and Graduation Information
- Only ticketed guests will be admitted into the premium seats.
- Unticketed guests are welcome to sit in General Admission seating on a first come first served basis.
- Graduates will receive their paper tickets with their Cap and Gown at Graduation practice on Thursday 5/25.
- Families will be asked to fill out a Google Form with their preference for grass or bleacher seating in the spring.
Thursday, May 25th
10:15 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.: Required Graduation Practice for Seniors. Seniors meet on BK’s Chuck Irvine Soccer and Lacrosse Field at 10:15 A.M.
11:45 AM – Cap and Gown Distribution, followed by lunch for the Class of 2023 provided by the Bishop Kelly Alumknights
6:15 P.M.: Campus Ministers report to St. Mark’s for Baccalaureate Mass
7:00 P.M.: Baccalaureate Mass at St. Mark’s Catholic Church, Graduates will sit with their immediate families in the pews.
Please arrive by 6:45 PM.
Please Read the Section on Attire for Baccalaureate and Graduation
Friday, May 26th
6:00 P.M. (SHARP): ALL Seniors report to the Soccer Field. Gates will be open for guests to take their seats at 6:00 PM as well.
Please read the section on Attire for Baccalaureate and Graduation!
6:45 P.M.: Families should be in their seats. Graduate Procession will begin with “Ohh Ahh BK” BEFORE 7:00 P.M.
7:00 P.M.: Ceremony Begins
Please do not take more than 2 programs per graduate at the entrance gate. Each graduate will have an additional program on their seat at graduation.
- Each graduate in the Class of 2023 will receive 10 tickets for family to attend graduation in premium seats at Nick Ysursa Field. These premium seats will be on the grass, and in the center bleachers. These premium seats ensure that the families of our 2023 graduates have the best sight lines to the stage.
- Only guests with tickets will be allowed in the premium reserved seats.
- Unticketed Guests are welcome to sit in General Admission Seating, located on each end of the bleachers, on a first come first served basis.
- Graduates will receive 10 paper tickets at Graduation Practice on Thursday, May 25th.
- Graduates will also receive their cap and gown at Graduation Practice on Thursday, May 25th. (You have already ordered and paid for this as part of your start of the school year fees.)
- We will have golf carts in the parking lot on Graduation day to assist anyone who needs help getting from their car to the stadium.
- There will be overflow parking at The Children’s Therapy Place, east of the Varsity Softball field.
Student Attire for Baccalaureate Mass
Sunday best (no gown)
Gentlemen: Shirt, tie, dress pants and dress shoes
Ladies: Skirts/dresses, Mass dress or slacks and dress shoes
Student Attire for Graduation
Dress: Wear cap, gown, hood and cords
Gentlemen: Shirt, tie, dress pants and dress shoes
Ladies: Skirts/dresses, Mass dress or slacks and dress shoes
(Skinny heels are hard to walk in on the field. Wear wedge or sturdy shoes.)
- The hood crest is in front as shown. There is a small white collar in the bag, we do not use it.
- Cords earned are in your bag, if there are questions, contact Dr. Quilici.
- **Summa Cum Laude – graduation with highest honors, attaining a weighted GPA of 4.0 or greater. This honor is recognized by a GOLD cord
- *Magna Cum Laude – graduation with great honor, attaining a weighted GPA of 3.75 or greater. This honor is recognized by a WHITE cord
- Membership in the National Honor Society is indicated by students wearing BLUE and GOLD intertwined cord (there may be an additional charge for the NHS cord)
- Take the gown out of the bag and hang it up overnight or for a few hours before wearing it.
- Students have already ordered their cap and gown, and the cost was included in Senior Fees paid last fall.
Students may decorate their graduation caps indicating the college/university, branch of military they will be attending, or other approved designation. Decorated hats must be appropriate and may be replaced at the discretion of administration.